2013年4月21日日曜日

A trip to Oama where the place of the Japanese novel "kusamakura"by Soseki Natume (1)

Soseki Natume(1867-1916)
Glenn Gould(1932-1982)


It is an article of my short trip to Oama hot spring  in Tensui town of Tamana city, Kumamoto prefecture in Japan.
Although in Tamana city " Tamana hot spring" is  most famous place, but I went to "Oama hot spring" where located about 30minute by bus from Tamana station.
Oama is the place of the "Kusamakura"story written by Soseki Natume, a novel  loved by Canadian famous pianist Glenn Gould.
There was also a hotspot of democracy movement in the Meiji era, Maeda-families who appear on this story supported Chinese Xinhai revolution, Chinese revolutionist Sun Yat-sen, Huang Xing came this place,  and birth place of Japanese famous actor "Chishu Ryu" .
Even though it is such a interesting place, still not a famous tourist destination.
But I heard that Hayao Miyazaki famous animation director of Studio Ghibli visited here with his coworkers about two years ago.  
This is a difficult question that  when the time japanese people are crazy about new book of Haruki Murakami, why I interested in Soseki Natume's Novel?
Soseki is a great author beyond likes and dislikes just like Shakespeare.
And I love to listen the CD of Glenn Gould's Bach Play .He loved "Kusamakula" so much.(Kusamakura was translated into English in 1965 by Alan Turney, under the title The Three-Cornered World.)
And I also interested in Maeda family (in the novel they called Shihota family).
So I wanted to read  this story once again and to visit Oama.
We can read "Kusamakura"  for free download at Aozora bunko.
We can also download a free reading in the podcast.
http://www.voiceblog.jp/ted606/car21.html
It takes a little patiance when we read this novel because at the beginning part, Soseki's  monologue about the art continue and story not start quickly.
And I think It's so good to read this story  listening with Gould's Bach.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FXoyr_FyFw
Kusamakura_(novel) at wikipedia

this article continue to (2)




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿